YELLOW and or ORANGE

This week's ikebana is my work from a recent class that I attended with my teacher in Melbourne. The subject of the class was an arrangement that includes fruit and/or vegetables that are yellow and/or orange. Using fruit or vegetables is difficult. I remember the advice of Mr Umemura at a workshop in 2008 saying that this exercise should be 'playful'. With this in mind I decided a simple and non-naturalistic approach was necessary. 


I have used a branch of pittosporum with some berries attached from which I removed all but two leaves. A banana and orange have been placed to bring strength to the centre of the design and to counterbalance the curves of the unusual ceramic vase made by Graeme Wilkie of Qdos Gallery Lorne.






Greetings from 
Christopher
24th March 2012

1 comment:

  1. Love the arrangement. Love the mimic of the curve of the vase with the curve of the banana. Envious of that vase! Bes,t, Michael

    ReplyDelete