WEEK TWO of SOGETSU VICTORIA ANNUAL EXHIBITION

Last Monday saw the change-over for the second week of the Victorian Sogetsu Branch members' exhibition. 

This week another of my students from Geelong, Christine Denmead, exhibited her work. I was surprised to discover, when she came to discuss her plans with me, that we both had independently decided to use ornamental grape vine leaves with otherwise bare branch materials. Fortunately my work was exhibited in the first week, so that we did not have two works with similar material close to each other in the same space.


In her arrangement above, Christine has used pressed and dried grapevine leaves on a globe of vine contrasted with a branch of eucalyptus, in a vessel by Graeme Wilkie. 

Other images from the Annual Exhibition * have now been posted on the Victorian Branch website.



When I returned home from the exhibition, having taken down my work, I re-set it in a different vessel, also by Graeme Wilkie. I was intrigued to notice that the stripped tortuous willow had begun to sprout new leaves.



Because the dried leaves I had used in the exhibition were damaged in the removal process, I added only two fresh leaves in this new version of the work.

*          *          *          *          *

A couple of weeks ago I was delighted to receive my tickets for the Ikebana International Congress to take place in April 2017 in Okinawa. I look forward to the possibility of meeting some readers of this blog there.

Greetings from Christopher
14th May 2016



1 comment:

  1. I’m going to the World Convention also and hope to meet you there. Unfortunately I don’t look like my picture since I have grey hair now. I am always taking the photos so never in any. I was told my photo is in the new Chapter Activities that I.I. sent out but I don’t have mine yet, anyhow that would be the most recent photo of me.

    ReplyDelete